Monday 2 April 2012

Sunday Shopping!

Yesterday, I took advantage of the last day of nice weather and went into town to do a bit of shopping. I only went to Superdrug and Mac, but have somehow managed to do quite a bit of damage to my bank account...

To be fair, in Superdrug, I only picked up things i've been wanting to buy for a while, and I always seem to justify Superdrug purchase on the basis that I have a BeautyCard, their equivilant of a loyalty card.

The first thing I got which I am SO excited about, is a Colour Tattoo by Maybelline! I feel like i'm the last person ever to try one of these, but for some reason i've just never actually picked one up before... Sadly, due to the hype of them, there was only 1 shade left there that I really liked, and thought looked wearable.


Bad to the Bronze is a gorgous brown colour, with a gold shine to it. These shadows are incredibly buildable, so the transition from daytime chic, to night time smokey eye would be really easy, they are also very blendable, I think a whole blog post will be dedicated to these in the near future.

 



Next, I got a blush from Sleek in the shade Lifes A Peach. Its an amazing coral colour, which I actually didn't have any of as i'm just starting to get in to blushes. I've never actually tried a Sleek blush before this one, only the eyeshadow palettes. The packaging is amazing, it feels really sturdy and secure, and when opened, features a really good sized mirror for on the go application. Will definetly be picking up more of these in the future!


In anticipation of the Dream Bouncy Blushes coming to the UK, I compromised and purchased a Dream Touch Blush which I am yet to try. I can't find a colour name on it unfortunetly, but it's just a very pale pink. The consistancy is very creamy, and seems to be very blendable.


I don't want to talk to much about this as I am planning on doing a whole blog post on MUA make up, as I think some people may be wary about trying some of the products due to most of them only costing £1... But I definetly recommend the products! This lipstick is in Shade 11, and is a very dark pink, sort of drifting over to a more brown shade.


The final thing I bought from Superdrug was a Colour Sensational lipstick by Maybelline. This colour is called Coral Pearl, but personally I think its more a pinky colour that coral. These lipsticks are very long lasting and come in a large shade range, so you should definetly pick one or two up if you can!


*This picture is not my own, it is taken from a review site, however it does state on the website that people are allowed to use the images for promotional/review purposes*

Sadly, I couldn't get my camera to make this product show up true to colour, and I didn't want to give you guys the wrong impression of it! This is the first mineralise eyeshadow I have purchased from Mac. This is called Water & Ice, and when mixed, comes up as a very silvery colour, with flecks of blue. I worn it yet, but I imagine like all other mac shadows, it has great staying power.


7 comments:

  1. Water and Ice looks stunning xxx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! The mineralise ones cost a little bit more that the normal ones, but it's definetly worth getting a couple for your collection! Love your blog, it's amazing! Any chance you could give me some advice on getting people to follow? I'm pretty new and it's really difficult haha!xx

      Delete
  2. Haha you aren't the last one to try the Color Tattoos. I haven't purchased any yet! I keep telling myself to get one and with all the hype they keep receiving I will have to break down and pick one or two up. Great haul by the way! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha feels like it! Seems like everyones obsessed with them! Their great but, you should definetly try some out!

      Delete
  3. I just bought 2 blushers form MUA and I love them. I need to try some lipsticks the next time I am in Superdrug x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah their fab! Amazing quality for the price! My blushes from their always shattered really quickly but! It was so annoying!x

      Delete
  4. The lipstick looks nice. I like the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Love reading them, and I promise I read every single one! xo