Saturday 10 March 2012

Top 5 lip balms!

Lip balms are definetly something that every girl owns at least one of, even girls that aren't interested in make up have a craving for an amazing lip balm.
The criteria for a lip balm is pretty basic; it's got to do the main job - keep your lips soft and smooth, you want one that easily applied for on the go touch ups, and a fragrance/taste is optional.

Top 5 lip balms i've tried


5.  Nivea Pearly Shine




I actually wish that I could put this lip balm higher up on the list, but I don't feel that it serves its main purpose as an actual lip balm, and more as a lip colour. I love the pinky-shine it gives to your lips, but if your lips are already chapped it only accentuates the cracks on the lips. I also think it has a really sickly, overbearing smell/taste and usually ended up wiping it off.


4. Vaseline Aloe Vera


I was actually quite hesitant to include any Vaseline products in this list because they really are only a quick fix soloution. They don't soak in to your lips, giving them the benefits, they sit on top due to their greasy nature, its good if you're lips need a quick fix, but theres definetly other products out there, that work 100x better.



3. L'occitane Delice Des Fruits



I actually got this lip balm through a voucher in Glamour magazine, and i'm really glad I did! I think this brand is really under rated by many people and dosen't seem to get the attention it deserves. The actual product smelt delicious! And it was definetly long lasting, and great at maintaining soft lips, I also thought it was amazing to apply after exfoliating my lips. May be a little bit of a steep at £8.50, but the quality is incredibly high as it only contains natural products!

2. Nivea Hydro Care


OH MY DAYS I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS. This has seriously became the most amazing lip balm for dry lips I have ever tried in my life, and i've certainly been round the block with chapsticks.  When I used this, I was going through a really bad stage with my lips, they were cracked beyond where my lips stopped, it was horrible, and I was incredibly self concious towards it, but after a few days of religiously applying this, my lips were as good as new, I really recommend this to anyone  who has problems with dry lips!


1. The Body Shop Lip Scuff


This is the best thing to ever happen to me.  I feel like my favoure lip balm has to be one that I use on a regular basis, and this, I do. I use it at least once, most often before I go to bed. It was £8, but its incredibly high quality, The Body Shop always does sell amazing products. The formula is very creamy, but has large chunks in it, I really can't say what of because I have no idea, but it bloomin' works. Its harsh enough to rub away and dead skin, but not too harsh that it hurts your lips. You should definetly consider purchasing this product.

I hope you guys enjoyed this quick 'review' of some lip balms! I tried to include some cheap ones, and some more expensive ones, and if I didn't mention the price, it means its really cheap, most likely under £4! Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. definitely have to try the nivea hydro care! it sounds great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Body Shop Lip Scuff!! I use it all the time - it's like the most perfect lip balm in the world!!!

    Would love it if you could check out my blog - new and having a hard time getting people to subscribe!

    amandinaa.blogspot.com

    Ciao! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its like the holy grail! Checked out your blog, its great! I know how you feel, its the hardest thing ever! xx

      Delete
  3. I've tried both of the niveabefore they are great!
    The body shop lip one sounds amazing I gotta try it by the way I love your blog it's amazing :)
    Check out my blog hope you'll follow www.llovelifefashion.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen that in The Body Shop! I'm pretty sure there are "chunks" to help exfoliate. Glad you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Nivea Hydro Care!
    Cool post :)

    http://meganmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Love reading them, and I promise I read every single one! xo