Tuesday 3 April 2012

Company Review : Make Up Academy

When British chain Superdrug announced they were releasing a £1 make up range, I was one of the many people who assumed the make up would be of bad quality, with terrible packaging. However, after watching the brand grow over just over a year, I have been continuously impressed by their products!

The brand is most known, I think, for there eyeshadows, which are dupes for many different high end shadows, such as Mac Woodwinked.



They are very pigmented, long lasting, and very blendable. They come in 38 shades, 4 matte, and 34 pearl, so you have large choice for colour! Surprisingly, the packaging is very sturdy, and not tacky looking.

Also with 9 palettes out, some as cheap as £4, it's very easy to get a large collection for even less! The palettes also bare a strong resemblence to Sleek palettes! 


Their neutral pallete, heaven and earth, has been strongly compared to the Naked palette by Urban Decay, which retails at £34, £30 more than the MUA dupe!




Another great product by the brand is their lipsticks! Available in 16 shades, they are very pigmented, but also very buildable for a more dramatic look. They aren't as long lasting as you would hope, but at just £1 they are easy to replace, comparable to the £13.50 for a Mac lipstick. The packaging for the lipsticks looks a lot more high end than the packaging for the eyeshadows, and feels a lot more expensive and less plastic.


Their nail polish which comes in 24 shades, is very easy to apply, and with a top coat, can last up to 5 days. Although you don't get a lot in a bottle, I think its a great way to add to your nail polish collection without breaking the bank on China Glaze or OPI.



The last thing I feel like I need to give a mention is the Face Primer! When I got this, I was going through my 'I DON'T NEED PRIMER COS' IM A BADASS' phase so I didn't want to spend £20 on an Urban Decay primer, or a Benefit one. I wasn't expecting dramatic effects as it was only £4, but oh atlanta was I wrong. It definetly made me see the advantages of primer, especially after my eye primer ordeal which you can read about in an earlier blog post!



I don't want to dwell on every single product, so these are the ones I feel stand out the most. I haven't tried the foundation or concealer beacause I am kind of a make up snob when it comes to things like that... But you guys should definetly check out this brand at your nearest Superdrug if you haven't already! Most of it is only a pound, so its worth giving it a shot!


5 comments:

  1. love MUA its sooo cheap and great value for money! x

    http://she-shops-alot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's great to see a brand that proves you don't need to spend a crazy amount of money to get great quality make up! love your blog by the way, you got a new follower :) xo

      Delete
  2. MUA are such a good brand, so cheap, yet amazing quality. There eyeshadows are my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah mine too, can't believe how pigmented they are for just £1, it's crazy! xo

      Delete
  3. I need to try MUA out, judging from reviews it seems pretty good quality for such a cheap price!

    Just followed you!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Love reading them, and I promise I read every single one! xo