Wednesday 18 April 2012

The Best & Worst : Dry Shampoo

I know, this is completley overdue... All of our fascination with dry shampoo has gone, it's no longer a mystery to most of us, we know it works, but (see, theres always a but...) do you know which ones work best? Most of us stick to the same one after we know it works, why would we venture out and possible waste money on something that's going to make our hair worse that it was in the first place? I know I wouldn't want to take that risk, but I did, for you, so be grateful.

Bastiste




I know you're probably very shocked that this product as it is barely ever talked about and get's hardly any recognition whatsoever. It's definetly not the most talked about dry shampoo out right now...
Sarcasm gets the better of me sometimes, sorry.
But on a serious note, if you're going to buy one, buy this. It costs a little bit more than that Superdrug own brand one you have hiding in your bathroom cupboard... But we all know you got that when its 3 for 1 deal was on, so let's not be stingy now...
I remember sitting getting ready, and my Mum came in to talk to me, I sprayed this on my hair, she said, and I quote 'When the hell are you doing?!'. I rubbed it in, and made her touch my hair. Literally forced her hand on my head because she thought it was going to be horrible and sticky. She looked at me, with a look of revelation on her face... 'It actually works...?' She said; and to this day, she always stocks up our cupboards with it. 
It smells amazing, I actually prefer the smell of this to the smell of my Tresemme Shampoo. It leaves your hair feeling like it's just been washed... Ask my mum if you don't believe me (no pun intended).

Superdrug Own Brand






I'm one of the many that fell victim to their 3 for 1 deal last year at one point. I see what you done there Superdrug... Trying to get rid of it because you know it was shit... Sly. First off, I thought the smell was really sickly, it made me WANT to wash my hair, whereas Bastise makes me want to skip washing my hair and just use dry shampoo. Secondly, they completley ripped the piss with the DRY part. It's dry because you're not using water... Not because we want it to come out of the can in a powdery consistency, and when you do get it on your hair, it makes you look like you've poured half a bottle of talculm powder on your head, not the look I was going for really.

Rockaholic

I don't know how many of you have tried Rockaholics products, they tend to be overpriced because the packaging looks so high end, but if you have a TK Maxx near you, they usually sell them pretty cheap. I was on the fence about this, the smell once again put me off, it's a replacement for shampoo, you'd think companies would keep this in mind and not make them to smell like a pile of shit, s'cuse my french... Apart from that it worked okay, not amazing, it made my hair look a little bit fresher, but not to the extend that my I made my mum touch it.

Tresemme

Writing this post, I'm starting to think I'm really fussy with smells... I understand the companies are trying to make them smell fresh, but they end up achieving the whole 'i've just poured orange juice in my hair' smell and its horrible... This one works pretty well, does the job, quite comparable to Bastiste, but once again dosen't quite give you the 'MUM TOUCH MY HAIR' look.

1 comment:

  1. Nice reviews. I would like ton try the Bastiste shampoo.
    I am one of your followers, I hope you can follow back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Love reading them, and I promise I read every single one! xo